Large P&G Donation

From: Terry T. Wohlers (twohlers@compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 23:33:13 EEST

Take a look at page 6 of today's edition of The Wall Street Journal Europe
(Thursday, October 28, 1999). I am traveling and do not have access to the
U.S. version, but I expect that you would find a similar story in it. The
article is titled Procter & Gamble Sees Gain By Donating Some of Its
Patents. It states that the "donation covers more than 40 patents for a
molding process, which were given to the Milwaukee School of Engineering,
which has a specialty in a mold technology called rapid prototyping."
(Well, they got part of it right.) The article stated also that "P&G would
not put a value on the patent portfolio it is donating, but says it is
among its largest donations ever. A spokeman said the company's largest
donation, to date, was about $10 million." The article went on to say that
the Wisconsin school was selected by an outside expert hired by P&G.
Congratulations to MSOE for this deserving donation! I hope they are able
to develop the PHAST technology into a viable process for the commercial
market place. It has potential.

Terry

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.