Re: direct manufacturing or production

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 18:39:56 EET

At 05:25 PM 11/5/99 +0100, you wrote:
>having to do their very best to improve the results we have now. When the
first
>guys have been jumping from hills with selfmade wings, nobody did also expect
>people flying to the moon some day....

Carsten,

I thought about technology and users.....or dreamers.... and flight came to
mind since flying became a goal right after the first bird appeared. Man
did all type of prototypes in order to achieve this dream. However, if we
look at the development of the airplane which now gives up the ability to
fly.. we see mass flight not individualized flight. Where did the plan for
flight change direction? Why did it not ever evolve into my flying machine
rather than jumbo jets. Now they say AirBus plans a 1000 seater....

Where is my one seater? MY ThunderJet? In red of course.

Elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
Clemson University 206 Fluor Daniel Bldg.
Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
http://rafiki.vr.clemson.edu/credo/persall/persall.html
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/rp/