Re: Reverse Engineering Clarification

From: Alain BERNARD (Alain.Bernard@cran.uhp-nancy.fr)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 18:26:05 EEST

Dear Karen,

what do you meen by accurate data ?
0.01 mm ? less ?
What are the two main parameters of your request ?

- the kind of object you have

- the type of file and level of surface quality you need ?

With these two parameters, I would be able to give you some solutions.

Best Regards,

Prof. A. BERNARD

ps : we currently are able to scan object with high accuracy and deliver
surface files. we use a Kréon laser sensor on a DEA CMM.

At 15:39 05/09/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I'd like to clarify my search request. We're actually looking for a
>Reverse Engineering Service Bureau to provide extremely accurate data. We
>are also looking for a source to transform .dem files into surface files.
>Thanks
>Karen Halvorson
>Schmit Prototypes, Inc.
>1801 Indianhead Drive
>Menomonie, WI 54751
>karenh@schmitprototypes.com
>www.schmitprototypes.com
>
>For more information about the rp-ml, see http://rapid.lpt.fi/rp-ml/

Prof. Alain BERNARD Tel : + 33 (0)3 83 91
27 29
Professeur des Universites + 33 (0)3 83 91
20 09
CRAN ESA CNRS 7039 Fax : + 33 (0)3 83 91 23 90
UHP Nancy I - ESIAL
BP n° 239, 54506 - VANDOEUVRE Cedex - FRANCE
ATTENTION ! NEW EMAIL AND WEB SITE
e-mail :
alain.bernard@cran.uhp-nancy.fr
<http://www.cran.uhp-nancy.fr>http://www.cran.uhp-nancy.fr