RE: stl reader for Copyright application

From: Steven Adler \( A3DM \) (adler@a3dm.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 23:03:50 EEST

Jon, -sheba

If you are just trying to give a visualization tool, may I suggest that
you use VRML as an output file type instead of STL. This will allow the
user to use an ordinary browser and would also limit your exposure to
the public domain.

The STL format, from my perspective, reveals too much data that could in
fact encourage abuse of your designs. If you are working in a
collaborative effort with agreements in place, STL makes sense because
it can be easily compressed and shared with tools like Materialise
software COMMUNICATOR and STLZIP.

Does this make sense...?

QUESTION:

 What is this I hear about a RPML reception in Chicago...? What
day...time...etc...?

Steven Adler

Automated 3D Modeling, Inc

www.a3dm.com