Re: [rp-ml] R-P Material Samples for Tactile Math Show

From: Stewart Dickson <dicksonsp_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 15:10:13 EEST

Marshall,

You're welcome! I have been using the movie (commercial!) in my talks
on Tactile Mathematics lately.
http://emsh.calarts.edu/~mathart/Tactile_Math.html

As I said, Stereolithography is hard to photograph -- or maybe it's
video technology that's lacking.
CCD's are sensitive to IR, not UV. Maybe we need to just get a decent
camera, optics and film
in there (and don't forget the cinematographer!).

I know I had a bear of a time getting decent pictures of my crystal blocks
http://emsh.calarts.edu/~mathart/Math_Cristal_Brochure1.html
Digital photographs just looked bad. I had to go back to my old 35mm
Minolta SLR 50mm lens and Ektachrome -- looked great!
Then I get the slides scanned to a Kodak PhotoCD.

Cheers!

-Stewart