Re: [rp-ml] 12/19/06 Update for the Worldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping web site

From: Bo Atkinson <boa1_at_pivot.net>
Date: Wed Dec 20 2006 - 20:19:54 EET

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your interesting resource, which I hope to be in a
position to use some day. Just a short point here. Your Rapid
Prototyping Software list makes me wonder how difficult it is to do
justice with short descriptions. What is perhaps too difficult to
keep track of is how well each task is performed in a software, how
many clicks, how long does it take between each click, how good the
tech support is, the 'bang for the buck'.

Your description is much too brief about formZ, the software I use,
(which does most everything from point-clouds object generation to
solids to smooth parametric to booleans with mixed geometric entities
to metaballs to NURBS to file-mending to draft-angle to clone-
parametric to mesh tools to file translation to CAI and beyond.)

Bo Atkinson