RE: [rp-ml] SYCODE Releases Four New Free RP Plug-ins

From: Deelip Menezes <deelip_at_sycode.com>
Date: Sat Oct 04 2008 - 13:44:18 EEST

Markus Hitter: "Am I missing something or are neither the file format
specifications nor the source code of the applications published? As it
currently looks to me, the OpenRP format is more locked-in than the STL
format."

If we made the source code and algorithms public, then the security of the
RP file format would be compromised. Anyone with a little bit of programming
knowledge would be able to write a program to bypass the password in a RP
file. The OpenRP solution gives you all the tools you need to get STL data
from a RP file. So under normal circumstances one should not be bothered
with the innards of the RP file format... unless you are interested in
bypassing the password.

Deelip Menezes