building full scale car body ???

From: Philippe Lalande (Philippe.Lalande@UMontreal.CA)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 15:51:59 EEST

I realize I'm catching the tail end of this thread (sorry, I took the four
day weekend off), but there is a firm called Formus out of California that
specializes in the production of large scale parts or tools directly (or
almost) from CAD files. They use a process called Topographic Shell
Fabrication which involves selectively injecting wax into a large sandbox,
layer by layer, until the desired shape is complete. The agglomerated sand
is then hand finished and used as a pattern to mould the part or the tool
out of composite material. Looks interesting but I have no direct
experience of working with them.

Check out their WEB site at http://www.formus.com

Philippe Lalande