Re: Biomaterial for SLS

From: Igor V. Shishkovsky (shiv@fian.smr.ru)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 13:15:34 EET

Dear Kwang

At the Laboratiry of Technological Laser of Samara branch of P. N. Lebedev
Physical Institute of Russian Academy of Science we have tried the
biocompatible intermetallic NiTi which has a shape memory effect. It had
been sintered as with Hydroappatite as without last.

A publications were presented at 2001
1. Shishkovsky and etc. NiTi biocomposite synthesis with HA under SLS
Letters at Journal of Technical physics, V.27, issue 5, p. 81-86
2. Shishkovsky, I. V., Tarasova E. Y.; Petrov, A. L. Synthesis of
biocomposite on the base of NiTi with hidrociappatite by selective laser
sintering Proceedings of the 3rd Inter. Conf. Laser Assisted Net Shape
Engineering LANE'2001, 28-31 August 2001, Erlangen , Germany , Edited by M.
Geiger, A. Otto. ?. 459-464

Best Regards

Dr. Igor Shishkovsky
Ass. Prof. of Samara State Technical University
& Senior Researcher of Lebedev Physical Institute of
Russian Academy of Science, Samara branch.
http://www.fian.smr.ru/rp/index-e.htm

> Has anyone out there tried sintering biomaterials on SLS? We are trying to
build some models for biomedical applications.