RE: Complete RP certification

From: Blasch, Larry (LBlasch@OPW-FC.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 21:09:27 EET

Elaine,

We can just classify you as from BCE (Before Certification Era)...

As long as those cloning folks don't start pulling your DNA out of cured SLA
resin we won't have a "Jurassic RP Park" ;-)

I received a number of messages from people concerned with the use of the
terms "Engineer and Doctorate" Since they represent college degrees.

"Master" on the other hand originated in the Trade/Guild/Brotherhood as the
honor given to someone who was able to demonstrate mastery of a skill set.

I therefore amend my classifications to:

Novice... I made a part once...
Journeyman... I have the keys/password to the machine/lab... (Sorry, I can't
think of politically correct term so flame away)
Master... Not only do I know how to use the $#@! machines, but I can
get them to sing and dance...
Consultant... I read an article on the subject, so now I can charge
someone loads of money...

I repeat my original suggestion which was:
"If we as a group could create a certification process similar to the MCSE
test, It might benefit us all."

Sincerely (and I do mean that),

Larry Blasch
Local RP Deity ... :-)