Re: [rp-ml] What type of adhesive is used in a Z-Corp Machine?

From: Rod McCormick (rmccormick@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 21:04:25 EEST

We had a ZCorp rep demo the machine a couple of years ago and he said
the liquid was basically sugar water. Of course, fancy, expensive,
highly sophisticated sugar water. So a very weak adhesive.

I can't imagine that the gypsum material would be an active plaster or
humidity would wreak havoc with it. I'd assume that the plaster-like
material is inert, hence the need to infiltrate the gypsum parts as
well.

Rod McCormick
University of the Arts