[rp-ml] Landscape model/ cost effiesient way to print big models?

Igor Drstvenšek info at rapiman.net
Mon Mar 5 13:13:32 EET 2018

Bathsheba is right but none of this won't help Atte making his landscape model...

If you want SLS parts, I presume you need something that will withstand a lot of "touching attention" and rough handling. The biggest envelope at the moment you can get with sPro230/140 and EOSINT P770. The build area in the first case is about 500mm square and in the second about 700x380. The plants I know about, closest to Finland are in Germany (FIT, Kegelmann and others) But if you're ready to cut your model in many small parts, I am sure you can find a lot of options in Finland too. I would contact Mr Jukka Tuomi at Aalto University...

We have some machines here in Slovenia too, and if you don't mind the distance I can help.

But for these models, I would rather try one of the 3DP processes - Bathsheeba knows a lot about these, but as far as Europe is concerned, I would recommend checking it out At Voxeljet directly. The founder, Dr Igo Ederer is a great person and I am sure he will point you to the nearest company running one of their huge machines. Regarding the material, there are two options suitable for your needs. One is PMMA and another is casting sand. Both require infiltration after printing.

Again if you don't mind the distance we have one "casting sand" machine here. The working chamber's size is 2000x1000x800mm. The biggest Voxeljet's machine is 4x2x2m

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Igor Drstvensek

RAPIMAN.NET