Re: Conveyed-Adherent process

From: M. Burns (marshall@ennex.com) ((marshall@ennex.com))
Date: Thu Oct 03 1996 - 23:01:09 EEST

Dear Steve,

> How does your process differ from CAM-LEM (presented at SFF95)?

     The CAM-LEM cuts 2-D patterns into sheet materials, and then uses a
robotic system to pick up the pieces and move them into position for
stacking. In the Conveyed-Adherent(TM) process, the material is
temporarily bonded to a substrate which is used to hold the material in
position during cutting and conveyance to the stacking station. With the
substrate there is no need for intelligent robotic manipulation of the
cut pattern.

> Can you elaborate on the materials (and thicknesses) which can be
> processed using the Genie?

     I can't elaborate on all of them because we are exploring some
pretty exotic materials. But the variety covers the entire range of known
material categories, including plastics, metals, ceramics, composites
(short- and long-fiber), and aggregates.

     We're not sure what the thickness limitations are. We have explored
a range from micro-thin to very thick, and have not come up against any
insurmountable barriers.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns
marshall@ennex.com

** Ennex(TM) Fabrication Technologies **
** FABRICATING THE FUTURE (TM) **
** 10911 Weyburn Avenue, Suite 332, Los Angeles, U.S.A. 90024 **
** Phone: +1 (310) 824-8700 Fax: +1 (310) 824-5185 **
** E-Mail: fabbers@ennex.com **